- Written by Robbi Hoy
- Hits: 393
Helpful tip from The Garden Geeks: Cutworms! Here are home remedies to stop them
* Place a toothpick or 16d nail alongside each transplant stem.
* Wrap onion stems around the stems of transplants
* Place foil or paper wraps (small paper cups work great) or cardboard collars around transplants; extend a few inches into the soil and several inches up the stem
* place empty, clean metal cans with ends cut off, around the new transplants being sure they are pushed well into the ground.
* My favorite - cut and slit plastic straws and slip these around the stems.